When it comes to having a clean and organized home, one of the most important components is storage. The way we store the stuff in our home plays a major role in making it presentable and organized. Having an organized home not only makes it look good but also saves you time and money. In addition to that, an organized home also keeps you stress-free and more refreshed. When we enter our home after a long day at work and find everything in a mess, it is bound to make our mood go even worse. Especially when it comes to our personal space aka the bedroom, it also needs to be tidy and organized at all times. The bed needs to be made with pillows and blankets in place along with any other piece of furniture. However, storing blankets in a proper and organized way is often considered a difficult task. Everyone has a different excuse as to why the blankets are scattered around the bedroom or the living room.
We all love being wrapped up in our plush, soft and comfy blankets, but when it comes to storing them, we get a little clueless (at least I do). To store blankets in a way that consumes less space and also looks pleasant. The creativity of most people gets limited when it comes to storing blankets in such a manner. However, it is not impossible to achieve this goal. There are several different ways to store blankets that are not only space-saving but also make them look like home decor.
Even though there are a lot of storage boxes or other similar products available in the market and online to help you store blankets, you’ll eventually have to find a place to store them too. Hence, before buying that storage box resting in your cart, question yourself if you already have the means to store your blankets. In most cases, the answer will be yes, but even if it is not, ask yourself if you need another big box (for which you will have to find a storage place too) to store your blankets. If you still think that you do need an extra storage box or a cupboard to store your blankets, read ahead for some amazing blanket storing ideas that will most probably change your mind.
Storing blankets in a manner that does not make them take up a lot of space and also makes them look presentable at the same time is a struggle most people go through. However, doing this task is not as difficult as you might think. All you need to do is get a little more creative with your ideas and expand your imagination. As cheesy as it may sound but it is a great idea when it comes to including your blankets in the home decor category. Yes, you read it right! With the right method and motivation, you can transform the way you store your blankets. You can not only store them efficiently but also make them look presentable, chic, and comfy.
Before you start to go looking for storage options other than the ones already present in your home, take a good look around the house and see if you find something of use. It is important to do so because not only will it save you space, but also the hard-earned money that you can spend on something more useful.
Some of the possible storing options in your home are listed below:
The At Home Solutions
- Decorate Your Bed. using your blanket to decorate your bed is a classic yet timeless idea that works for almost all kinds of rooms. It is an easy and chic way to put your blankets while making them look presentable. All you need to do is after making your bed with the sheets and pillows, fold your double blanket in half and place it at the end of the mattress keeping the folded side upwards. You can also add in the throw blanket between the double blanket and the bed, showing a little bit of them in the middle. This is an easy way to layer your bed and store blankets effortlessly.
- The Couch Project. If you are trying to find a place to keep your throw blankets, there is no better location than the couch in your living room. Placing the light blankets not only gives you a way to store your throw blankets, but also makes the room look chic, comfy, and cozy. It also adds a welcoming feel to the ambiance of your house.
There are several different ways to put the throw blankets on your couch. For a casual and comfy look, simply put the blanket on the corner of the couch and make a swirl in the middle of the blanket. To make the room look more put together and elegant, fold the throw blanket twice vertically and drape it on the arm of the couch, extending the rest to the middle. You can also just put the folded blanket on the backrest of the couch and place the cushions in front of it for a chic look.
- The Cult-Favorite Cupboard. No matter how much stuff you put in your cupboard, you can always find some extra space to store some blankets. You can also clean up one partition of the cupboard and designate it for storing blankets.
- Ottoman To The Rescue. Usually, ottomans have hollow space inside which is ideal to store blankets without them showing or taking up any extra space. Just fold your blankets properly and stack them on top of one another. This is a simple but very optimal idea of storing blankets.
In case you do not have an ottoman, this might be a signal to think about buying one. It is not only an elegant piece of furniture but can also store many of your blankets if you buy one accordingly.
- Under The Bed. beds have a lot of free space under them. You can utilize this space to its fullest by making it a storage area. If the space under your bed is covered, just put your blankets after folding in there, and you’re done. However, if there is open space under your bed, you can use some spare storage boxes or baskets to put your blankets in and slide them under your bed. You can easily take out the blankets for use and also store them later with this storing hack.
- Blanket Ladder. If you have a ladder of any size in your home, you can make it a home decor piece with just the help of blankets. You can clean the ladder and put it at any corner or spare wall in your house and hang the folded throw blankets on each step. This is not just a hack for storing blankets, but also helps you elevate the look of any room in your house
Get Creative With Some DIY Projects
Nothing speaks creative like some DIY projects that are useful and good-looking. There are many innovational ideas that you can try to create some space for storing blankets while adding to the decor of your house. Many times, finding a storage product gets very tiresome as they are not specifically made for the ambiance of your house. But, with DIY projects, you can customize your storage space to match the other articles in your house to make it look balanced and chic. Below are some DIY project ideas that are pocket-friendly, easy to make, and can be very useful as well.
- Rope Baskets. Rope baskets are a very easy and elegant way to store blankets. It gives a boho edge to the place. The best part about it is that you can make one yourself! All you need to make a rope basket is jute rope or the usual white rope and a hot glue gun. Start by making a puzzle-like loop with the rope while sticking it to the edges with the glue and after you reach your desired circumference, start to glue the rope upwards. You can add embellishments or any other accessories as per your liking to the basket. Roll your blankets and store them in this basket. You can also wrap the basket and put it away when not in use.
- Upcycle The Laundry Basket. Another ideal and pocket-friendly way of storing blankets is to put them in a laundry basket. It is a space-saving and discreet way of storing blankets and you will never have to worry about them looking like a mess anywhere else in your home.
If you want to make it more presentable to keep in the living room or bedroom, then you can customize it accordingly. If your laundry basket is made of plastic, you can cover it with some jute rope and paint it as per your liking. This will give it a very fun look and add an edge to a plain and simple room.
- DIY wall rack. Making a wall rack may sound like a whole lot of work. But, it is not as much of a lengthy task as you might assume. Depending on the size of the wall, take two bracket-shaped wooden panels of the suited length and pin them to the wall parallelly. Make sure that you keep the distance short enough that the blanket does not fall off of it. You can then fold the blankets and place them on the rack on top of one another.
Apart from the above-mentioned DIY projects, there are many more solutions available on the internet. You may not always find the exact thing you are looking for but that does not mean you should stop. Take some creative freedom and customize the space present in your home according to your liking and preferences. No one knows what is best for your house better than yourself. So, take some time to figure out what kind of vibe you want to create in your home and choose the other things around that imaginative blueprint.
Storing blankets can be a fun task, you just need to get creative and think of utilizing the space that you already have. It is important to first look around the house and see what you can make use of to store blankets rather than run to Ikea to buy a new cupboard or rack. Yes, you can find a lot of useful products in the market as well as online, but before doing all that, take a deep breath and pay attention to what you already have and can make good use of. This will keep you from spending on some extra furniture and also save you from the hassle of finding space in your home to put that new piece of furniture.