Spring is the perfect time to dust off the shelves, clean out unwanted or unused clutter and get a clean start for the year ahead. It is also an excellent time for some new and inspiring decor changes and a good time to organise your life and get creative with your wardrobe storage.
Read on for some fun spring home decor inspiration and clever wardrobe and kitchen storage ideas for spring 2022.
Fun Spring Decor Inspirations
Every new season yields new trends in decor. So if you like to keep up with all the latest in home design, we have some top ideas to help your home flourish this spring.
Curves are in
In 2022 we will see a lot of curved edges on furniture and accessories in our home decor, reviving an almost bohemian style across many aspects of our homes.
To get you ahead of the curve, here are some curvy decor ideas you may find trending in spring 2022:
- Curved chair backs and arms
- Sloped arm sofas
- Rounded desks and tables
- Drum tables and ottomans
- Curved kitchen islands, bars and benchtops
- Curvy art features and more
There are also trends towards curves in interior construction, including arched doors and doorways.
Florals And Botanicals
Spring is about new growth and fresh starts, so why not bring some inspiration from nature into your home.
Some easy ways to bring spring inspirations into your living space include:
- Dried flowers in jars and glass vases
- Bespoke raw sticks, timber and moss arrangments
- Lots of house plants (we mean lots!)
- Floral wallpaper and feature murals
- Nature-inspired artworks and sculptures
You can even take some rustic ideas from your garden by using old rusted tools for displays or old metal watering cans and garden pots as vases or kitchen storage.
Natural Colour Schemes
Spring is the season of colour, with rich leaf growth, stunning flowers, and bright, colourful moss and fungi. You can find inspiration from nature in your interior design by bringing colours from your garden into your inner sanctum.
Some simple ways you can bring colour from outside into your home could be as simple as:
- Including yellow, green and brown accents with candles and other items
- Adding natural fibre doormats to your entryways or kitchen floors
- Investigating using faux or organic vertical gardens
- Herb gardens by window sills or shelving in bright spaces
- Use colourful floral napkins and table cloths in your dining area
- Using green, brown and other organic coloured throw rugs on light coloured furniture
Finding inspiration from your garden is also a great excuse to spend some time outdoors and connect with nature in your backyard.
Creative Storage Ideas For Your Spring Clean
Spring embodies the axiom “out with the old and in with the new”, making it a great time of year to address your storage designs and concepts.
People often get stuck accepting the floors in their existing wardrobe storage designs and are often left wanting more storage space. However, you can do many clever things to transform your wardrobe storage into something more manageable.
Style Forward Storage
If there is too much stuff packed into your wardrobe, maybe the closet isn’t the best place for it? Style forward storage is a great way to store loose objects while adding style and flair to your room.
Some style-forward storage inspirations could include:
- Storing bulky jackets and other items in a wooden chest
- Utilising storage baskets made from natural fibre, like wicker, on shelving
- Using loungeroom ottomans with storage spaces in the bedroom and much more
- Using vacuum bags to store clothes between seasons and more
The key here is creativity and imagination; If it looks good and provides you with the extra storage you need, it’s a winner.
Other Wardrobe Storage Ideas
There are many other excellent wardrobe storage ideas ideas for spring 2022, including:
- Putting curtain rings on coat hangers to store ties, scarves and belts
- Installing pull out shoe racks
- Using a small chest of drawers under hanging cells for underwear and socks
- Utilising slide-out trouser racks
- Putting medium-sized trunks inside wardrobes for shoes and bulky accessories
- Installing pull-out wardrobe baskets
- Hallway coats hooks installed inside wardrobe doors and more
- Installing pull-out laundry hamper bags for dirty clothes and more
If you see unused space, think creatively as to what could fit. For some
Great Kitchen Storage Ideas
If you find you have plenty of unutilised kitchen storage space, then you are not alone. Unfortunately, plastics and cookware cupboards often look more like a war zone than a kitchen storage area.
There are some easy, affordable ideas you can use to reorganise your kitchen, including:
- Placing a dish drying rack in your cookware cupboards to store lids upright
- Use napkin stands to hold your plastics lids vertically
- Installing pull-down cabinet storage in your overhead cupboards
- Using magnetic knife holders inside pantries
- Making a hanging basket for fruit and veg under overhead cabinets
- Installing galley kitchen style pull-out cupboards for herbs, spices and condiments.
- Integrating interlocking shelf pantry cupboard and door systems
- Mobile kitchen islands
- Installing pull-out bins and more
There are many ways you can think outside the box to expand your kitchen storage in exciting ways. There are also plenty of resources online, and of course, at Housefrey.com.