Ah, summertime. Sunshine, cookouts, swimming pools, and… renovations? Yes, you read that right. Summers are a great time to do some home remodeling projects–especially if you want to save some money on your energy bills in the long run. Here are six ideas for a home do-over during the summer:
Summertime is the perfect opportunity for homeowners to do a roof renovation. This type of renovation is much less expensive and can be completed in a fraction of the time it would take during the colder months. In addition, many roofing contractors offer significant discounts during the summer.
A roof renovation involves removing the old shingles and installing new ones. It is also a good time to repair any damage that may have been caused by weather or age. Homeowners who choose to do a roof renovation or perform a new roof installation during the summer can save money and enjoy cooler temperatures in their homes while the work is being done. So, it’s a win-win situation!
Having Fun with Colors
Summertime is the perfect time to change up your home decor by having some fun with colors. While white and neutrals are always in style, adding a pop of color can brighten up a room – and your mood. Here are a few tips to get you started when repainting your home.
- Paint your walls a bright, cheerful hue like yellow, orange, or pink.
- Add a colorful rug or area rug to your living room or bedroom.
- Paint your furniture a different color – try a light blue or green for a fresh look.
- Add some colorful artwork or posters to your walls.
- Decorate with brightly colored throw pillows, bedding, and curtains.
Installing New Flooring
Summertime is the perfect time for a home do-over. One of the most popular projects homeowners take on during the summer is installing new flooring. Flooring is one of the most important aspects of any room, and it can make or break the look and feel of a space.
Creating an Outdoor Living Space
The weather during the summer is wonderful, right? It’s the ideal time to step outside and breathe in some fresh air. One way to do that is by creating an outdoor living space.
An outdoor living space can be anything from a porch to a patio to a deck. It’s a little piece of heaven in your yard you can enjoy the weather in. You can also use it to entertain guests or just relax with a good book.
Having a Garage Sale (Decluttering)
The weather is getting nicer and the sun is staying out a little bit longer each day – it’s officially summertime! This means that it’s the perfect opportunity to have a garage sale. Garage sales are not only great for decluttering your home but also a fantastic way to earn some extra cash. Also, it’s a fun way to get to know your neighbors and meet other people, too.
Here are a few tips to help make your garage sale a success:
- Start by going through your belongings and separating them into three piles: keep, donate, and sell.
- Make sure to price your items fairly. No one wants to haggle over prices or spend time going through a bunch of items that are overpriced.
- Display your items in an organized manner. This will make it easier for people to browse through them.
- Get creative with your signage. Use bright colors and catchy phrases to draw attention to your sale.
- Be prepared for people to haggle over prices. Be firm on your prices, but be willing to negotiate if the buyer is serious about purchasing the item.
Adding Plants & Flowers
One great way to add a pop of color and life to your home during the summer is by adding plants and flowers. Not only do they make your home look more cheerful, but they can also improve your air quality and help you relax.
There are a number of different plants and flowers that are perfect for the summer, so you can choose the ones that best fit your style and needs. Some popular options include sunflowers, daisies, lavender, and succulents.
If you’re not sure how to care for plants or flowers, there are a number of online resources and gardening classes that can help. You can also ask your local garden center for advice on which plants and flowers are best suited for your climate and needs.
The summer is a great time to do a home do-over. You have more time to focus on your projects, and the weather is usually cooperative. This article provides six ideas for a home do-over during the summer.