If you are concerned about your roof and feel it’s time to grab some tools and start repairing it, here are some essential questions. However, if you are determined to do it yourself, first things first, you need a reliable and durable roofing system. The next step involves looking for the perfect design and style of the roof to fit your roof conditions.
The last decision that homeowners usually think of is how to get the roof replaced as quickly as possible and inexpensively. All these are the ‘initial’ stages that homeowners undergo, but for detailed knowledge about re-roofing, mentioned here are vital questions people frequently ask!
Are you thinking about a new roof for your home? We know the task may seem daunting, but we are here to help answer questions and ease the stress. Read through these FAQs if you want to know more about the re-roofing process.
What’s the standard procedure for professional re-roofing?
Re-roofing on your own can lead to costly mistakes. That is why homeowners prefer a professional take on the job. Keller roofing professionals do just that by:
1. Roofers visit your home for examination and communicate a plan of action.
2. Find a start date and schedule the re-roofing project.
3. Re-roofing starts.
- Erect scaffolding and other roof safety measures.
- Remove the old roof and dispose of the old materials.
- Study the roof sub-structure and prepare a new one.
- Install the new roof.
- Clean up and perform a new roof inspection.
How do you evaluate if the roofing professionals are ‘right for the job’ or not?
Having proper qualifications, certificates, and industry experience is the primary factor in finding the ‘right’ contractor. Besides these, there are additional points to consider as well.
- They have done repeated jobs in the area over the years.
- They hold the ability and willingness to communicate timely and properly.
- They must be able to give a professional cost estimation presentation.
- Must be members of professional Associations.
- Exceptional workmanship.
What should I consider while choosing a new roof?
These are the factors you must consider when choosing a new roof for your home.
- It must protect the home from extreme weather conditions. Thus, choose a suitable roof that withstands the climate in your area. I.e Hurricanes, Earthquakes etc.
- Put quality first. Although there are cheaper roofing options available in the market, choosing them would mean re-roofing again within 15 years!
- Pick a roof that suits the overall appearance of your home and one that will last many years.
- Hassle-free installation with low maintenance for years to come must be on your checklist.
What’s included in a detailed roof estimate?
The professional must be able to tell you an estimated cost of re-roofing onsite itself. However, for a detailed cost breakdown, here is what they consider:
- Study the existing damage. Keller Roofing will do an initial roof inspection for existing damage.
- The roof will be measured and analyzed (Roof pitch, rafter space etc.)
- Keller Roofing will then explain product options and the cost of each one.
- Product and Design complexity may increase the estimated cost.
How much time does it take to complete the roofing job?
The duration of completing the job entirely depends on its complexity and even the procurement of roofing materials. If the roof is small and the job is uncomplicated, it could be a two day job. On the other hand, if the roof is larger and more complicated, it might take a week to complete.
Why is it more beneficial to hire professionals for re-roofing? Professionals can save you time, money and the headache associated with bigger projects. They can assist you with choosing the best material for your home and give you peace of mind that it is being installed properly for years to come. It’s also less dangerous and risky to allow the professional to work on a roof with proper safety materials.