Buying your first house is both overwhelming and exciting. Economic solvency, suitable location, communication, lifestyle, etc., contribute to making the final call.
However, finding your desired home in Tennessee (TN) shouldn’t be difficult. TN contains some of the prolific natural elements to make your living enjoyable. Also, its modern amenities throughout its many cities are highly attractive. You won’t regret making a home in one of these cities with your family.
Today, we’re going to shed light on eight lucrative cities in Tennessee where you can build your dream home. Read on if you want to explore those cities.
Why You Should Choose Tennessee for Buying Your First Home
Many cities in Tennessee offer standard lifestyle, business opportunities, stable job market, natural scenic beauty, and more. Rockwood, Johnson City, Memphis, Smyrna, TN, etc., are among such cities where you can start your new life.
Before we explore the top cities in Tennessee, let’s get your head around why you should buy a home here in the first place.
Here are a few reasons to convince you:
- Ideal Cost of Living: What if we tell you that Tennessee holds zero tax for personal income and lower tax for properties! These two reasons have lured thousands of citizens to move into Tennessee. Its living index score is 87.6, which is far below the national score. Furthermore, you can fairly afford to buy houses in Tennessee at lower prices.
- Lower Tax Rate: You have no obligation to pay state income tax on wages or salaries. Additionally, taxes for lands and properties are lower than other US states.
- A Promising Job Market: The thriving job market in Tennessee is another primary attraction for people. Its economic condition is very friendly for young people seeking employment or businesses to invest in. Tennessee’s job turnover rate is much lower than other states. In short, Tennessee could be the state where you can buy your dream home at a young age.
- Healthy and Gentle Weather: The mellow and hearty seasons all year round in Tennessee keep people healthy and happy. Summers are warm, falls are delightful, and winters are excitingly chilly. You can enjoy all seasons in Tennessee to a moderate degree.
- Mountainous and Green Sights: If you’re a getaway person, then you’ll fall in love with Tennessee’s smoky mountains and lush greeneries. Its picturesque mountain landscape is benumbing. You hop into hiking by the trails, waterfalls, and various camping sites here.
Top 8 Cities in Tennessee to Purchase Your First House
Now that you’re positive about buying your first home in Tennessee, let’s peek into a few suitable cities. We’ve selected the top eight cities in Tennessee where you can build your your next abode.
If it’s about living in a small-townish place under sunny and gentle weather with your family, Smyrna is your go-to city. With a lower housing cost than the national average, your dream of making your first house could be fulfilled here. The standard of living cost is also pretty affordable here.
Rockwood would be a perfect place to move in if you’re into outdoor activities like hiking, trekking, or camping. The only explorable national park here is another attraction for the city dwellers. Add the affordable cost of living, and having your first house in Rockwood will be rewarding.
You can choose Chattanooga to meet your expectation of a bigger city in Tennessee. Trust us; you won’t have to see your last penny in the bank to avail your maiden house here. If you’re well prepared, you’ll find many fine homes here to buy and start a new life. Also, the living cost here is pretty affordable compared to other large cities in Tennessee.
Johnson City is a lucrative place for many who want to buy a house to live. This nice city has a range of humble to luxurious houses out of which you can buy one at an affordable price.
The median value of houses in Memphis is about $90,000 to $100,000, which is a great offer for many potential buyers. Apart from that, you would love the range of food courts and restaurants this city offers its citizens. Moreover, you and your family can participate in various cultural activities here.
The real estate market in Murfreesboro is way cheaper than its neighboring city, Nashville. Although Nashville is a dwelling attraction for many, Murfreesboro proves to be a perfect place to make up for that desire. Apart from buying a house at a cheaper rate, you can dash into Nashville city any time due to easy access.
Like Memphis, Lexington also offers affordable standard apartments and houses. The median value for these houses ranges from $110,000 to $120,000. So, it seems within your budget. And don’t miss out on trying out your taste buds on several BBQ points in this lovely city.
Don’t raise your eyebrows having seen this city in this list. Clarksville, being the fifth-largest city in Tennessee, can be overwhelming in terms of buying your house here. But rest assured as its real estate market isn’t out of your reach. Besides, young professionals may find this city more suitable for career growth.
So, there you go. You have learned about eight of the best cities in Tennessee to choose one as your home city. We’ve tried to put together the reason for choosing Tennessee along with each city’s potential aspects.
Tennessee is a beautiful state with so many amenities, natural beauties, and lucrative real estate markets.
Whether you’re looking forward to relocating your business or job, or attempting to take your family into a better lifestyle, these cities won’t disappoint you.