Basements are an essential part of many homes in Canada, providing extra living space and storage. However, they are also prone to water damage and flooding, which can be a costly problem to fix. Interior basement waterproofing is an effective way to prevent water damage and protect your investment. In this article, we’ll explore the cost of basement waterproofing in Canada.
Factors that affect the cost of basement waterproofing
The cost of basement waterproofing in Canada can vary depending on several factors, including:
- Size of the basement – The larger the basement, the more it will cost to waterproof.
- Type of waterproofing – There are several types of basement waterproofing, including interior and exterior waterproofing, crack injections, and sump pump installation. Each type of waterproofing has its own cost.
- Severity of water damage – The severity of the water damage will affect the cost of waterproofing. If the damage is severe, more extensive repairs may be required, which will increase the cost.
- Location – The cost of waterproofing can vary depending on your location in Canada. Some areas may have higher labor costs, while others may have higher material costs.
Learn about How to Waterproof a Storage Unit: A Comprehensive Guide?
Types of basement waterproofing
There are several types of basement waterproofing services that are common in >Canada.
- Exterior waterproofing – this involves excavating the exterior of the foundation and applying a waterproof coating to the walls. This is the most effective type of waterproofing, but it is also the most expensive.
- Interior waterproofing – this involves applying a waterproof coating to the interior walls of the basement. This type of waterproofing is less expensive than exterior waterproofing but is less effective.
Do you know When is the Best Time to Do Basement Waterproofing?
Cost of basement waterproofing in Canada
The cost of basement waterproofing in Canada can vary depending on the type of waterproofing and the severity of the water damage. Here is a breakdown of the cost of each type of waterproofing:
- Exterior waterproofing – The cost of exterior waterproofing in Canada can range from $100 to $300 per linear foot. For an average-sized basement, the cost can range from $10,000 to $25,000.
- Interior waterproofing – The cost of interior waterproofing in Canada can range from $70-$350 per linear foot.
- Basement Crack Repair – foundation crack repairs in Canada can cost from $1,500 to $3,200 or more depending on the size of the crack, repair method and other factors.
- Sump Pump Repair & Installation – The cost of sump pump installation in Canada can range from $500 to $3,600, depending on the type of pump and the complexity of the installation.
It’s important to note that these costs are estimates and can vary depending on your location in Canada, the severity of the water damage, and the type of waterproofing required.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Basement waterproofing projects can be pricey, but are worth the investment because of the benefits that can come with a waterproof basement. Here is a couple of examples:
- Preventing water damage – the primary benefit of basement waterproofing is that it helps prevent water damage to your home. Water seepage or flooding in your basement can cause significant damage to the foundation, walls, floors, and personal belongings.
- Reduced risk of mold growth – a damp basement can cause mold and mildew growth, which can negatively impact the indoor air quality of your home. Waterproofing your basement can prevent moisture buildup, reducing the risk of mold growth.
- Increasing usable space – a dry, waterproofed basement can be used for a variety of purposes, including as a living space, storage area, or workspace. Waterproofing can increase the usable square footage of your home, which can increase your home’s overall value.
- Reducing energy costs – waterproofing your basement can also help reduce your energy costs. Water seepage can make your home’s heating and cooling systems work harder, leading to increased energy bills. By preventing water intrusion, you can help regulate the temperature and humidity levels in your home, reducing the workload on your HVAC system.
- Preventing structural damage – water damage can weaken the structure of your home’s foundation, which can lead to more significant issues in the long run. Some of the waterproofing services can help prevent structural damage, prolonging the life of your home.
Overall, basement waterproofing can provide significant benefits for homeowners, including protecting against water damage, helping prevent mold, increasing usable space, reducing energy costs, and preventing structural damage.
Leave a Reply