Picking colors for a red brick house can be a challenging task for you. Most of the red brick property owners need help finding the correct shade. The right color contrast to a red brick finished design house should be done in such a way that gives a warm and welcoming appearance. Red brick is a beautiful architectural feature of your home, and there are many colors to complement it.
Classic White Trim
A red brick with white trim is a simple combination, as a white finish with red is striking. Your brickwork is an architectural feature that focuses on enhancing and highlighting a contrasting effect.
Choosing white trim with red brick is when you want to pick something with a warm, slightly yellowish pattern to your exteriors. This allows a dynamic contrast as well as complementary tones. No color scheme is complete without white.
A neutral white color is clean and simple, which gives the minimalist vibe to your red brick house.
Brick red is a color usually associated with the earth. It is a tone that is warm and inviting and also it gives a sense of stability. This color is often found in nature and creates a versatile natural environment. Some of the best earthy color combinations that go with your red exteriors are:
- Brown– An undertone color that is brown with red brick goes great for your exterior colors. Combine it with your wooden siding with a light brown shade that goes perfectly with your red brick house—any shade of brown works well with red brick exterior colors. Dark brown is a friendly choice for those outside of your home. One particular outer house wall should be combined with dark brown to red brick to make your space look better.
- Tan– Give your red brick house a more decadent look with a Tan color. Get creative with geometric or striped patterns and add tan to a primarily red brick style for a bold appearance. There is also room for many other colors in the tan and red color scheme. Add black or yellow accents for a modern feel.
- Terracotta– A deep burnt orange color with a hint of brown is known as Terracotta color, which is a dominant color that mixes very well with your red brick house. If you want a crafty look to your exterior, then striking up the terracotta color with red gives you a cheerful atmosphere.
An incredibly versatile color, terracotta blends beautifully into red and blends beautifully with styles from minimalist to a wide range of colors. Combined with a white, mustard, green, or blue shade, your red brick house gives you an amazing shade.
- Sage Green– A large red brick house with all its elegance looks perfect when painted with sage green. This color pops against the red brick. Green and red can look really sophisticated when paired together. Sage Green complements with red, giving you a unique outdoor exterior design. If you are looking for earthy colors, then pick up green with red brick, giving your space a light and airy atmosphere.
Dark Trim Colors
Dark trim colors at your red brick house are a daring way to announce to the world that you are adventurous and impressive.
- Black– With black and other dark colors, a timeless red brick exterior can look really modern and fresh. The black color of the paint provides a nice contrast that makes the red brick shine. Representing classic Georgian architecture, the red brick house with black railings and front door adds elegance and a grand look.
- Charcoal– The most versatile combination to your red brick house is charcoal, which is a mix of black, white, and blue, giving a visual depth. The red color pairs beautifully with charcoal, making it a perfect exterior color combination.
- Navy Blue- This traditional red brick home with a Navy Blue trim and white porch posts creates an Our designers used Benjamin Moore’s Westcott Navy to paint the siding and raise the curb even higher. Deep Gray Navy Blue – one of our most popular blue exterior paint colors – is a beautiful, saturated shade that contrasts beautifully with the brick.
Coastal colors are inspired by the sea, sun, and sand themes, giving you cool or warm color tones. You paint your exterior red brick by combining these coastal colors, giving you a relaxed space.
- Blues- Any coastal-inspired color has to have a blue. It captures the depth of the sea, giving a peaceful atmosphere to your red brick house. The blue color is blended with your red brick exterior, creating a coastal feel. It gives you depth to make your home a versatile and stunning appeal.
- Whites– After blue, the first other color that comes to mind that is directly connected to coastal vibes are shades near white such as beige, off-white, etc. Combining coastal white with red brick gives a vibrant feel and brings a full-of-life atmosphere. White windows are an excellent way to make it pop with your red brick house.
A fresh coat of white paint can transform your red brick exteriors, providing elegance and a style statement. A coastal white with red gives the warmness of a resort.
- Sand– A coast can only be completed with sand on it. Consider including a sand color in your red brick house. A spectrum of beach at your red brick exterior is created by sand color. Uniformity is produced by painting a sand color at your red brick house.
The Soft Neutrals Color is a warm color that can be used all year round. Color schemes such as brown, taupe, white, ivory, beige, and gray can create a soothing and comfortable atmosphere. The neutral means no color, but yours is colorful as you are combining it with red brick decor.
- Gray– A timeless and versatile look is created when you are making gray to be partnered with red brick. You give a modern, sophisticated atmosphere to your surroundings by adding gray to your red exteriors.
- Beige– The mixture of brown and white gives you a beige that bleaches to your red brick exteriors. Beige provides a calm space, enhancing your residence. Beige works excellently with red, giving you a calm space and enchanting look.
Timeless Black Trim
A red brick house with a black trim around the windows gives a stylish contrast. Any traditional red brick house with timeless black trim allows you a curb appeal that can draw a designer look to your neighborhood. Be a trendsetter by considering the red brick and black trim combination for your exterior painting. A bold and fresh look for your red brick home looks appropriate with black trim that creates a dynamic contrast and enhances every corner. Black trim blends well with everything, making it a perfect exterior color combination for your red brick house.
To create an integrated window, you can apply black paint to the base. You can combine black with another complementary color, such as red, to create a striking design.
Burgundy or Wine
An intense reddish purple wine color flowing down your red brick house looks like an emerging appearance. The mystery of burgundy color gives an aromatic and rich look to your red exterior home. The burgundy color goes well with red, giving you a unique and attractive ambiance.
Soft Yellow is a lemon color that is soft and a primary color that mixes very well with red. A delicate yellow color painted along with your red brick house exterior gives a lovely and charming look.
For many of us, exterior paint takes up a large part of the home. This means that it is really important to choose a great color for your siding because other colors will be selected and built around that base color. The color options are very simple; you have a very limited choice. All of these colors have been tried to complement red bricks.
The trick to choosing a great color to complement red brick is to make sure you choose a soft shade.
What color shutters for red brick houses?
Soft and neutral colors such as white beige go well with red brick houses.
What color door looks best with red brick?
The white door looks best with red brick.
How do you make red brick look modern?
Use black color trim to make the red brick look modern
How to choose a trim color for a brick house?
Generally, soft or neutral color trim looks good with brick houses, but you can create contrast with your overall imagination and use Burgundy or black to be bold.
What style of shutters look best on a brick house?
White and Black shutters look best on a brick house.
How do you update an old red brick house?
Use coastal colors such as blue, white, and sand to update your old red brick house.