The house siding colors can affect the overall aesthetics of your house to be the best or worst, selecting the proper siding color could be a challenge. Depending on where you live, you will likely see a variety of homes built with common house siding colors. With thousands of choices, picking the right color for your home sidings can be difficult.
If you are not able to choose the perfect siding colors for your home, keep the following factors that could give you the perfect exterior siding color:
- Personal choice– Consider the impact of color that highlights your personality. Picking the house siding colors is very personal and describes how you look at your surroundings. Understanding the power of personal choice, we can have a greater quality of colors that makes your exterior attractive.
- Style– Your home brings a sunny and vibrant feel if you have combined your house siding colors with warm and bright colors. Think of colors that match your style and design of your home. Complement the house siding colors that gives you a fresh feel and full of life atmosphere to your house.
- Psychology– Each color has its own identity and tells about your way of thinking. White color is pure and complete, black gives you mystery, brown is friendly, gray is the color of detachment, orange is a communicative color, yellow has the intellect and green gives you a feeling of growth.
While picking up any of the colors for your exterior siding you are telling or sharing the world your mindset.
- Curb Appeal– First impression is the last impression and the color of your home sidings plays an important role in creating an inviting atmosphere. You can increase the curb appeal of your home by enhancing the exterior paint. A new paint can give your outdoor exterior wall a glamor and an aura that you have always desired.
- Valuation– The right colored front increases the value of your home. It is very important to pick your house siding colors keeping in view that exterior colors bring a growth to your home value.
Attempt these colors to your exterior sidings to make your home more complete and comfortable:
The traditional neutral exterior siding color has been a popular choice, regardless of the area you live in or the construction style of your house. Neutral colors blend well with their surroundings, so they work well with different colors or styles without clashing:
Whether you are living in a classical traditional home or an ultra modern style home, the white colored sidings excel and work correctly with the overall surroundings. It complements beautifully with your roofs and provides an aesthetic appeal to your home. The most popular color that shows no sign of going out of fashion is white. A perfectly low cost effective and affordable color to your home exterior walls is white, which gives you a clean and ageless look.
Any home style can be matched with gray house siding colors. It Is very low maintenance and easy to clean. A very versatile color that can blend to any other color combination. You can mix gray siding with white or black trim of your house and is an excellent choice as it shows very little dirt that can be cleaned easily.
A neutral color that has a uniqueness to pair with white, brown or wood look. Beige is an excellent color for your house sidings that combines very well with black and white creating a lasting impact.
An awesome and popular color for your house siding is Greige. A hot color which is in between a gray and beige gives your home exteriors an amazing warm light up attention to your front entrance.
Bold and Modern Choices
Your home sends a message across to all by use of bold color at your exterior sidings. A long and lasting impression is created when you design and paint your exterior walls with modern and bold colors:
Rich Jewel Tones
If you want your house to have a buzz and an exciting place where you can chill, then embrace rich jewel tones exterior siding color to your home. The bold splash of color applied to your house sidings gives you a jewel tone to your home decor.
A striking navy blue to your house sidings gives a noticeable impact that is crisp and attractive. The finish design depends upon the color contrast that you are looking to combine with navy blue side walls. Create your home exteriors with navy blue sidings with a lighter shade to have an absolutely beautiful design.
Give a thought to have any shades of green painted to your home sidings to have a new look that is naturally bold and eye-catching. Green siding pairs very well with many architectural styles.
If you have to define honesty then design your sidings in a deep charcoal color which is very strong and provides your home the most sophisticated appearance. The mixture of stone with charcoal gray siding gives an impressive impact to your home exterior decor.
Black Siding Colors
Stand alone with your black home sidings and be the trendsetter. A unique outdoor exterior design with black sidings in combination with light shades gives your surroundings an elegant and modern finish that everyone adores. A rustic beauty is built by you when you choose to have black siding exterior with your supplementary color tones.
Natural and Sustainable Choices
The overall look and feel of your exterior sidings depends upon the color you have decided to paint on. Setting a natural and sustainable tone to your home requires combining the wooden, earthy and stone to other shades of colors:
One of the most popular and favorite siding to your home is to add wood to your exterior. Wood can be modified as per your needs and is a natural and sustainable option to your house siding. Create an extraordinary look by placing the wood in vertical lines at your home sidings. Wood sidings look good and give you a fresh atmosphere.
Any shade of brown is known as an earthy color. Mix it with blue, brown, green and red to create a pleasant home exterior style. A relaxed and calm environment will be made by using an earthy tone to your house siding that never goes out of date. An inviting and welcoming open finish to your home is generated by painting your exterior siding walls with earthy colors.
Enhance your surroundings by utilizing the color contrast that highlights the soil and earthy colors at your house siding.
Add a texture to your house siding walls by incorporating stone to your home style. You can do all the siding wall and cover it with stone or add a small prominent stone to half or one fourth of the exterior walls. A very versatile feature to add to your exterior is stone that is available in many shapes, sizes and colors.
Stone transforms your home exteriors by protecting your home from any climatic conditions and acts as a shield to your home.
Testing Colors and Visualization Tools
Selecting a suitable color combination to your house sidings that is in contrast with your overall home layout can be a difficult choice to make. Test your siding colors combination both physically and virtually:
- Physically-Take a very small portion of a siding wall and apply the color combination that you have decided for your overall exterior layout. Check the brightness and contrast by comparing the color scheme This a physical trial sample that is essential to test before implementing overall house decor.
- Virtually– There are many online tools and apps available that will help you out in choosing the right color for your house sidings. Just browse through them and you will be able to find the perfect exterior home color that you are imagining for your beautiful home.
Also look at these Top 16 Wall Paint Design Ideas Perfect To Inspire You!
Maintaining and Updating
If you want your color of house sidings to be maintained and updated at all times then a regular cleaning schedule for your exterior will make sure it doesn’t get faded. Just follow simple steps to have an everlasting siding exterior colors:
- Clean the exterior before painting
- Apply the paint to a dry surface
- Choose quality paint
- Use a high quality primer
- Choose the right color
- Regular cleaning of the exterior
- Clean gutters and roof
- Regular inspection and repairs of wall cracks.
A desire to have a traditional but attractive color shade combination to your house sidings that sets your home apart from your neighborhood can be achieved by combining lighter shade siding with a darker tone and vice versa. A striking and exquisite look to your home is attainable by choosing the right color for your house sidings.
What color siding doesn’t show dirt?
The color that doesn’t show dirt is gray, which is most easily maintainable
Is it better to have light or dark siding?
A lighter siding is much better to have than a darker one as the light absorbed by lighter siding is lesser in compared with a dark colored sidings
What are the trending colors for house siding in the current market?
Navy blue, white and gray are the trendsetter colors in the current market.
Can I paint my existing siding or should I invest in new materials?
Replacing your siding is much more expensive than having it painted with a new color.